Smoked Salmon Casserole
Great for company!
- 2 cups small broccoli florets mushrooms or asparagus spears may be substituted
- 10 green onions chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced smoked salmon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 8 ounces cream cheese chilled, cut into ¼ to ½ inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix such as Bisquick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Arrange broccoli (mushroomand half of green onions evenly over bottom of dish. Sprinkle with smoked salmon, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese pieces and remaining half of green onions. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 375°Mix eggs, milk, baking mix, salt and pepper in blender until smooth. Pour batter over salmon mixture. Bake casserole until just set in center, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.