Shrimp and Artichoke Dip
Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash red pepper
- 2 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1 (13 3/4- ounccan artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 pound shrimp cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese combined
- Paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour to make a roux. Add half-and-half all at once, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth. Add Parmesan, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Temper egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of hot mixture and add back to the cheese sauce. Set aside. Mix artichoke hearts, shrimp, and mushrooms together.
- Put in baking dish and pour sauce over top. Sprinkle top with grated cheese and paprika. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.