Giant Apple-Pecan Pancake
Delicious drizzled with maple syrup!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar garnish
- Maple syrup accompaniment
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a heavy, ovenproof 12-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, and cook, stirring, until the apples are soft and just golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add the pecans and cook, stirring, until the apples are caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon butter and stir to melt. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and flour, and whisk just until blended, being careful not to over mix. Pour the batter over the apples. Bake until golden and puffed, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve from the pan.