Casa De Las Chimentas
Upside Down French Toast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup fruit juice apple or orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 6 cups stale bread can use day old muffins in place of some or all bread
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- About 2 cups of your choice of raspberries blueberries, sliced strawberries, sliced peaches, and or pineapple pieces
- Using large bowl, stir together eggs, milk, juice, vanilla, spices and salt till blended.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Let mix stand 20-30 min to absorb moisture.
- Lightly butter 13 x 9 pan. Add melted butter and top evenly w/brown sugar; arange fruits over sugar. Place bread mix on top and press down gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 35Uncover and bake 45 min. till cooked through. Invert to serve and cut into rectangles.