Grilled Shrimp with Warm Rice Noodle Salad
A light, tropical meal.
Servings: 10 people
- 30 large shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 1- lb. box rice noodles
- 6 oz. bean sprouts
- 1 cup scallions thinly sliced
- 8 oz. spinach leaves cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4 large cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 each red yellow and green peppers, finely diced for garnish
- 1/4 cup sesame paste
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1- 1-1/2 tsp. red curry paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Combine the sesame paste, curry paste, oils, vinegar, coconut milk and soy in a small food processor.
- Separate about 1/4 of the dressing and dip the shrimp in it. Grill the shrimp just until done.
- Ten minutes before serving, cook rice noodles 3 minutes, drain and add 1/2 cup dressing. Toss to keep noodles from sticking together. While noodles cook, in a large pot heat the remaining dressing just to the simmering point. Add all the vegetables except for the peppers and toss until they just start to go limp, about one minute.
- Arrange the salad on serving plates … noodles first, greens second. Top each salad with three grilled shrimp and garnish with diced peppers.