Green Beans with Lemon and Pine Nuts
Another Thanksgiving hit- very simple and fast to prepare, can be done while the turkey is resting.
Servings: 6 people
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 1/2 lb green beans (trimmed and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces)
- Cook beans in a 4-quart saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes, then drain well in a colander.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with nuts, parsley, zest, oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Green beans can be cut 6 hours ahead and chilled, wrapped in dampened paper towels in a sealed plastic bag.