Crepe Quiche Lorraine
This makes a very special breakfast or brunch.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion sliced
- 4 strips cooked bacon crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 12 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 6 ounces cheddar shredded
- 6 savory crepes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saute pan, melt the butter and sweat the onions until translucent. In a small bowl, mix the onions and crumbled bacon together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large, non-stick, 6-cup muffin tin, place one crepe into each cup. Make sure that the edges of the crepes are slightly pleated and overlap the edge of the tin slightly. Spoon the bacon and onion mixture into each cup. Distribute the cheese evenly into the cups. Pour the egg mixture into each cup so that all of the quiches are the same size. Place into a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the egg mixture is completely set.