From Dad:Any questions, ask the Boss (aka Mom).
Servings: 6 people
- 3 chicken breast boned and quartered
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 butter
- can of beef consomme
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast; sprinkle with flour.
- Melt butter in large skillet; saute chicken until golden on both sides (15 minutes total.)
- Add consomme, simmered covered about 45 minutes. Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Simmer ten minutes longer.
- Remove chicken to heatproof serving dish. Stir sauce in pan to mix well; pour over chicken. (If desired, can be refrigerated overnight in sauce to improve flavor.)
- Heat before serving. To serve, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top. Serve at once.
Can be frozen.