Best Tartar Sauce
This is the best tartar sauce I've ever had- well worth the trouble to make it yourself.
Servings: 114 Cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp drained sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp finely minced shallots
- 1 tbsp drained tiny capers
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce and relish in a bowl. Stir in the parsley, shallots, capers, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days before serving, for the flavors to blend.