Bacon and Egg Casserole
Assemble this hearty dish the night before, and bake the next morning.
Servings: 8 people
- 13 x 9 inch baking dish
- 1 loaf Hawaiian bread loaf (cut into ¾ inch cubes)
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- ½ pound bacon (cooked and crumbled (8 slices))
- 8 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salsa or fresh sliced tomatoes
- Arrange bread cubes in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over prepared dish; press down bread cubes with a spoon to allow bread to soak up liquid. Cover and chill 8 hours. Let stand 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set and golden. Serve with salsa or sliced fresh tomatoes.
Hawaiian bread may be found in the deli section of supermarket. Ten to 12 white bread slices, cubed, may be substituted for Hawaiian bread.