Sausage and Egg Casserole
A great dish for company.
- 1 lb. Italian sweet sausage hot may be substituted if that is your preference
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375°Butter a 13×9 inch glass baking dish.
- Sauté sausage in nonstick skillet until brown and cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes. Add shallots and garlic and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Spread sausage in dish (can be made one day ahead, cover and refrigerate). Whisk eggs, yolks, half-and-half, cream and 1 cup of the grated mozzarella in a large bowl to blend well. Pour over sausage and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and parsley.
- Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes.