Pulled Turkey Seibels
A very vinegary and delicious BBQ that requires very little effort. It can also be cooked in a slow-cooker.
Servings: 12 people
- 2 large
- 1 garlic clove (or 5 – do your thing)
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Tabasco (plus additional to taste)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 – 5 lbs turkey breast (skin discarded)
- 12 soft sandwich rolls (toasted lightly if desired)
- Finely chop onions and mince garlic.
- In a 6-quart heavy saucepan combine onions, garlic, vinegar, butter, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons Tabasco, salt, and pepper and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Add turkey breast, cavity side down, and cook at a bare simmer, covered, 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer breast to a cutting board, reserving sauce, and cool until it can be handled. Shred turkey meat, discarding bones, and stir meat into reserved sauce.
- Simmer barbecue, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours more and season with salt, pepper, and additional Tabasco.
- Serve barbecue on rolls.