Mama’s Baked Spaghetti
From Margaret Keefauver, passed down from her mother, Gladys Moore.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 1/2 ground chuck
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large can tomatos chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- Brown meat, then put into large baking dish.
- Mix 1 large can tomatoes, chopped, and 2 cups tomato juice into browned meat.
- Add 1 box long cooked (al-dentspaghetti.
- Mix well, then cover with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Uncover the last 10 minutes.
- The mixture should be quite juicy before baking, if necessary, add more tomato juice.
This recipe is a family favorite and can be varied by using V-8 juice instead of tomato juice, or by adding ground red pepper, mushrooms, olives, peppers or other ingredients. Can be baked in an iron skillet or an oven proof fry pan. Various cheeses can be added as a topping as well.