Ishbel’s Yorkshire Pudding
A traditional dish from Epicurious.
- 5 ounces flour or 1 heaping cup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 ounces melted fat beef, duck, lard, butter, oil
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, and milk until well blended. Incorporate both eggs and blend together until you have a smooth liquid batter. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
To bake in a 9×13 ovenproof dish:
- Preheat oven at 450°Place dish in oven and heat for 10 minutes. Place the fat into the dish and continue heating for 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the prepared batter into the dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
To bake in a large 6 muffin pan:
- Preheat oven to 375°Place pan in oven and heat for 10 minutes. Place equal amounts of the fat into each muffin mold and continue heating in oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Pour equal amounts of prepared batter into each muffin mold and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.