Dutch Apple Pancake
A traditional breakfast treat.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large Granny Smith apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in an oven proof pan.
- Add apples, sugar and cinnamon. Sauté and stir 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. In a bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, milk, sour cream, salt and zest. Beat until smooth batter forms. Pour over apples and bake in 400 degree oven until puffed and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cut in wedges and serve directly from the pan.