Cream Cheese Pancakes
Makes 12 (4-inch) pancakes.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 1 (3 ouncpackage cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine self-rising flour and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked; turn and cook other side.
- Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup and, if desired, bacon.