Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Wonderful with coffee!
Servings: 30 cookies
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring until blended.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate.
- Divide dough in half and shape each portion into a 10”x20” log on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2” thick slices with a serrated knife using a gentle sawing motion and place slices on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake slices at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; turn cookies over and bake 10 minutes more.
- Remove cookies to racks and cool completely.
Yields 2 1/2 dozen.