Worth making at home!
- 4 chicken breasts
- Carrots, celery, onions and one bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Parsley to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Chopped onion to taste
- Unflavored commercial breadcrumbs for breading
- Place chicken breasts in pot covered with water.
- Add celery, carrots, onion, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then drop to a simmer. Cover and cook at a simmer for ½ hour. Reserved liquid may be saved for chicken broth and may be frozen. When cool, place chicken breasts in food processor and pulse to chop. Do not process too fine.
- Place bread in food processor and pulse—-again, not too fine. Combine processed bread with eggs, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, cheese and onion (may be omitted).
- Fold processed chicken in with filling and form patties to whatever size suits your fancy. Roll patties in unflavored commercial breadcrumbs.
- Cover with wax paper and refrigerate about one hour to set. Using your favorite vegetable oil, add about ¼ inch of oil to a fry pan and heat. Add patties to fry pan –do not crowd—and cook until golden brown, turning as necessary, about 10 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Serve warm.