Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Kevin's very favorite- huge, cookies full of chocolate and topped with sea salt.
Servings: 24 people
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (Clio likes to use cake flour for a softer cookie)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla (use good quality)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (I mix chocolate and bittersweet, and never actually measure, but ensure that there are tons of chips in each cookie)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding flour mixture, until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets (tip: line the sheets with parchment, if you have some). Top with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. (Do not overbake.)
- Let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets.